Saturday, February 7, 2009

The High Of Low Tech

Nostalgia is creeping in...happens to me every winter. Some people get cabin-fever, I get these flashbacks from scenes of the 60's and 70's. I think it has to do with remembering snowy winters, hot chocolate and mini marshmallows and commercials that weren't high tech.

So I give to you low tech:



Almond Joy




Cracker Jacks










It's A Gum...No It's A Candy!!






















Who didn't love Farfel The Dog?
N-E-S-T-L-E-S
Nestles makes the very best...







Lifesavers




Toostie Pops






And finally a jingle I still can't get out of my head!

Once upon a time there was an engineer
Choo Choo Charlie was his name, we hear.
He had an engine and he sure had fun
He used Good & Plenty candy to make his train run.
Charlie says "Love my Good & Plenty!"
Charlie says "Really rings my bell!"
Charlie says "Love my Good & Plenty!"
Don't know any other candy that I love so well!

2 comments:

  1. What fun videos! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I got my first harmonica, in 1970, and I still play (41 years later)

    Tom
    Baltimore MD

    ReplyDelete